Wednesday, June 19, 2019

5 great reasons to visit Walt Disney World this year

Hey guys! There are a million great reasons why I think you should visit Walt Disney World at any given time, but there are some really exciting things springing up lately! From new attractions and lands, to new restaurants and stores at Disney Springs, there is always something new popping up here! In the recent years, I’ve had the pleasure of being able to visit twice a year, and every time I’ve gone, I’ve found something new! Walt Disney himself never wanted Walt Disney World to be complete, and his vision is truly taken to heart! Let’s visit some of the most exciting new additions to hit Walt Disney World in 2019!

1) You need to check out Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
I am OBSESSED with Toy Story Land. It is perfect. It’s so visually pleasing to the eye- I love the bright colors and interesting shapes everywhere you look. My family enjoyed breakfast at Woody’s Lunchbox back in February, and it was easy and delicious. And the three attractions in Toy Story Land are all standout attractions- Toy Story Midway Mania, which first opened back in 2008, remains a family favorite, and the new attractions Alien Swirling Saucers and Slinky Dog Dash are amazing as well! Toy Story Land was a highly anticipated land for my family, and it has 100% not disappointed!

(Having fun at Toy Story Land at Disney's Hollywood Studios)
(My son and our friend's daughter outside of the ride exit for Toy Story Mania)
(In line for Toy Story Mania, one of our family's favorite rides at Walt Disney World!)



2) Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
You’d have to live under a rock not to have heard about the new Star Wars-themed lands opening this year at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World. The agency owner at the Travel Agency I work for was invited by Disney to the preview of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland, and from what she has shared with us, it’s astounding! You can not only pilot the Millennium Falcon in Smugglers Run, but you can enjoy a concoction and listen to music at Oga’s Cantina, and even build your very own lightsaber, which I believe is going to be VERY popular (my son and husband would already be waiting in line for this experience if they could!). Galaxy’s Edge opens August 29 at Walt Disney World!

(Concept art for Galaxy's Edge)



3) Disney Springs is introducing new shopping and dining experiences all the time
Disney Springs has gone through a MASSIVE redesign, and it just keeps getting better and better! The past two trips to Walt Disney World that I’ve been on, I have spent a better part of the day here, and honestly, I could have spent even more time! Some of my favorite new stores include Lilly Pullitzer and Vera Bradley, along with my old favorites Under Armour and The World’s Largest Disney Store, which also just received a remodel! Some of our family favorite restaurants are here as well, including Morimoto Asia (my husband loves the Wagyu Beef!), Earl of Sandwich (our favorite sandwich restaurant EVER!), and Chicken Guy!, which was created by Guy Fieri himself! The two Port Orleans Resorts, Saratoga Springs, and Old Key West are great resorts to stay at if you plan on frequenting Disney Springs, as all four of these resorts feature fun water taxi transportation over to Disney Springs daily!

(Enjoying lunch with my mom and aunt at Chicken Guy! in April)
(My son LOVES checking out the merch at World of Disney!)
(Trying on a fun hat at World of Disney)


4) Skyliner Transportation system
I am really looking forward to this one, I think because it makes me so nostalgic for the old Skyway at the Magic Kingdom (this used to be an attraction back when the park opened that would take you to Tomorrowland from Fantasyland, or vice versa). The Disney Skyliner Transportation system will run from Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios to the following resorts: Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, and Riviera (which has yet to open). My family loves checking out other resorts, and so having 4 resorts within easy access of one another is going to be amazing!!

(Skyliner concept art)



5) Two words: Family vacation
I will do whatever I have to do to be able to take a family vacation. I will eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for a month straight to be able to save enough. You can NEVER go wrong with spending this precious time with your family- as my husband and I always say, tomorrow is never guaranteed. Making memories with family is my number one goal in life, and Walt Disney World is the perfect place to visit to make a million memories that will last for a lifetime.

Family time at Disney's Hollywood Studios
(Family dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
(My family LOVES our Walt Disney World vacations!)


Thank you so much for checking out my blog- feel free to email me at dana_w@wishingonastartravel.com with any Disney-related inquiries! Happy Travels!




No comments:

Post a Comment